1) Record in a spot where you have space to move freely and fully (basement, outside, etc).
2) Your entire body (including feet) should be visible in the video and stay in the video as the routines moves side to side and front to back. Refer to the dance routine teaching video for an example of how your video should look as far as distance from camera and positioning.
3) Wear black top/bottom and shoes that are appropriate for dancing. Hair should be back.
4) Begin video with clear and audible introduction, including:
***first and last name
***grade you will be in for the 20-21 academic year.
5) Record all skills (toe touch, double turn, Right split leap, turning leap, C-jump, Right split, Left split, middle straddle split)
(Click HERE for order of skills and direction you should be facing...your skills portion should be recorded exactly like this video, but please also include a middle straddle split, which is not demonstrated on this video)
6) Next, add any other skills that you think will benefit the team apart from the required skills. Include none or as many as you want. Examples would be: gymnastics skills, triple turn, fouette turns, a la seconde turns, firebird, flexibility holds, etc)
7) Perform the dance routine, with music, facing the camera. Perform from beginning to end with no stops.
8) Perform the kick routine, with music, facing the camera. Perform from beginning to end with no stops. Arms should be held out in T position (straight out to sides and parallel to the ground) as if you were linked up to another dancer.
9) It is not necessary to include text or any special effects in your video. I would concentrate on making sure you have the best sound quality possible (music should be audible)
10) upload to YOUTUBE (see info below and make sure it is unlisted) and email me the link on June 1st, anytime before midnight.